Skip to main content

Covid And The Beach


Between March 21 and May 4th the beach on the Courtney Campbell Causeway was closed to the public. During that time I photographed the beach each day I rode my bike out there. I noticed some subtle changes on the beach. 
The tire tracks and foot prints started to fade and there was much less trash. I also noticed that the birds were appearing on the beach. Not just a few seagulls but whole flocks of seabirds.  High-tide lines of seaweed also could be seen and the water appeared less cloudy. 
Overall the beach quickly returned to a more natural state.  I had hoped that when the beach was reopened that they would limit the number of vehicles on the beach to fewer that had been allowed before Covid 19, that does not appear to be the case but they are limiting to just the number of spaces. 42 and no more closing off the entrance to the beach when that number is reached. 
I wish that a parking lot could be built to move parking off the beach and a launching ramp for jet-skis. But I doubt that will happen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Radiation Therapy

Dr. Galloway and the gang over at West Florida Radiation Therapy have developed a very efficient process of treating their patients. I arrive about 5 minutes before my scheduled treatment time. The waiting room is often empty in spite of having plenty of chairs. I have my temperature taken and wash my hands. Then within a minute or two I will have my name called. As I'm going back to the treatment room there is usually another guy just coming out of that room.  When the technicians are ready they call me in and I climb onto the treatment table. After I'm on the table my feet and legs are aligned using a hard pillow that is molded to my legs and feet. Then the table is moved into position and the technicians adjust me using lasers and my aiming tattoos.  The techs then leave the room and the machines take over. First two arm move into position to x-ray me to determine the position of my prostate. The table will make slight adjustments itself to move me into the best position. A...

Joy 3/09/22

Going out for lunch with friends and family. Something I have missed doing for the past several years. Now with the pandemic seemingly under control we all can start getting back to normal. Today we visited Hellas Greek restaurant and bakery. We started with Saganaki . I had one of my favorites, grilled octopus. For dessert it was chocolate covered baklava. Overall a great way to spend lunch.

Finally Hot Springs Arkansas

 Day 6 , October 15, Hot Springs. Here we stayed at an AirBnB on Lake Hamilton. It was very nice but before we got to our new residence (If you are keeping track this is the 5th place we've stayed so far on this trip) we stopped by downtown Hot Springs for a tour.  We started at the Fordyce Bathhouse Visitor Center. This is the park headquarters and has been beautifully restored. We were able to tour the bathhouse and see how it looked in its prime.  The sculpture of the Spanish Conquistador  and the Tiffany stained glass ceiling were in the men's tub and steam room. The ladies section was not quite as well appointed.  Here is the women's dressing room . While nice and functional it was not quite up to the standards of the men's room. Down the hall from this room was the third floor sun deck where the ladies could catch some sun without any prying eyes. I'm not sure how much sun they got because the outfits displayed there were long sleeved, ankle length dresses...