Skip to main content

Quite a week

This has been a fun week. I started off on Monday with a Zoom call to Mrs. Zacek's 4th grade class. It was great to talk to and see some of my students. I made them a Google slideshow of things that I have been doing after retiring. The kids had the most questions about my trip to Hawaii. 

Even though September is over I'm still riding my bike and I'm getting Jan out on her bike also. We took a nice morning ride on Tuesday.  After the ride we sat down to check off a few more episodes of The West Wing. I guess we don't get enough politics on the news. 

Thursday we went out to General RV in Dover. We are toying with the idea of getting an RV and hitting the road. Still have some decisions to make. New, used, trailer, drivable. So many choices. We have rented two RV's  to get an idea about how we would get along in the smaller space....So far so good😃

Today I started a bike scavenger hunt around Safety Harbor. I got about 14 of the 20 or so spots found and
photographed. 

Here are a few of the spots I visited this morning.  I should get done with the hunt tomorrow. Jan and I also visited the Safety Harbor Art and Music Center this evening. They had invited the scavengers to drop by and help create a mosaic that will be placed near one of the bike repair spots on Bayshore and Tucker.

Comments

  1. Good luck on the RV shopping! Sounds like a fun new adventure for you and Jan! Love you P.A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on the RV shopping! Sounds like a fun new adventure for you and Jan! Love you P.A.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alarm Clock

Now that I'm retired each morning really is a new day. In the past most days have been planned out well in advance. Get up shower, eat breakfast, go to work, repeat till the weekend. Weekend, do what I could not get to during the week. Now I got a more open schedule. I find that my mornings consist of getting up when I open my eyes. Then fixing coffee and drinking a cup. While I'm doing that I decide what I want for breakfast. Jan is not as infatuated with breakfast as I am and can get by with just a bowl of cereal. But I need something cooked and more coffee. So I start the morning with no more plan than to fix a nice breakfast and have coffee. I watch the news, read the paper, and eat breakfast. Some days I mix it up by eating out on the patio. My signal now to start my day is when I reach the bottom of my cup of coffee. As you can see I'm now at that point. Today my plan is to get out all the suitcases out and see which ones we will be taking on our upcoming trip t...

Finally Hot Springs Arkansas

 Day 6 , October 15, Hot Springs. Here we stayed at an AirBnB on Lake Hamilton. It was very nice but before we got to our new residence (If you are keeping track this is the 5th place we've stayed so far on this trip) we stopped by downtown Hot Springs for a tour.  We started at the Fordyce Bathhouse Visitor Center. This is the park headquarters and has been beautifully restored. We were able to tour the bathhouse and see how it looked in its prime.  The sculpture of the Spanish Conquistador  and the Tiffany stained glass ceiling were in the men's tub and steam room. The ladies section was not quite as well appointed.  Here is the women's dressing room . While nice and functional it was not quite up to the standards of the men's room. Down the hall from this room was the third floor sun deck where the ladies could catch some sun without any prying eyes. I'm not sure how much sun they got because the outfits displayed there were long sleeved, ankle length dresses...

Noah

Now that I'm retired I can devote more time to being a Papa At this time I only have one grandchild, Noah . So he gets all my attention. I'm hoping that next week he will be coming for a visit. That will all depend on how things are going with the VIRUS. His mother, my daughter Jessica is a nurse and as of right now she has the week off but that may change. Jarred my son-in-law works for the state in emergency preparedness/mitigation and may or may not be called to be on duty for the VIRUS. In preparing for Noahs visit I was thinking of things to do with him. Noah is now riding a bike so I thought we might ride down to Safety Harbor where there are several places he might like. I got him a gift card for Snow Beach . I figured he would like to have the option of buying a treat himself. There is also a candy store and ice-cream shop there too. I'm sure he will want to try that also. When Noah was little he called all lizards "Joey". Not sure why but that was th...