Skip to main content

Hanging around the house

When I retired I figured that there would be less to do. Never expected it to be this laid back.
The big event that Jan and I had today was the 60+ only visit to Walmart.

Jan went this morning at 6 am with out me. She is worried that with everything else going on with my health I didn't need to be out rubbing elbows with the great unwashed People of Walmart. I was ok with that and stayed in bed while she braved the masses.

Jan came back with everything on her list, and a little more. She said most people there were nice and thankful for what Walmart was doing. Except for one couple who felt the rules should not apply to them.

Before all this happened we were planning on visiting Noah for his birthday. Now it seems that every shopping trip includes finding something else to send Noah for his birthday. I think she is mailing boxes and cards to him several times a week. This may be the best birthday ever for Noah. No school and gifts arriving daily to his door. They are gonna have a hard time convincing Noah that school starting back up whenever it does is a good thing.


After Jan returned from Walmart I helped with the decontamination and putting away of our treasures. Put the bags on the floor, use cleaning wipe to wipe off each item, put reusable bags outside in the sun, wash hands and floor where the bags sat. Welcome to the new normal. Oh and then wipe down all the surfaces we may or may not have touched. While doing all this I'm reminded of the scene in Elf where Buddy is picking gum off the subway railing. 

Later we played a game of Pickleball. It had been a while sense we had played but after reviewing the rules on line we had a great time and played several games. One of the things we did last year on the HOA board was resurface the tennis court and I'm glad we did cause it is fun to play on . It is nice to play in the morning cause the trees give lots of shade and the bugs are not as bad. 

After all that it is nap time and it's not even 11.  That is a full day for being so laid back!

Comments

  1. Keep your blog going Chan!! I look forward to reading them, doing same things here, washing, sanitizing putting shoes in the sun ..........then sit and take a break from all the cleaning just to take a walk! Went to Dr today and check in was curbside and a phone call when you could enter
    It’s crazy!!! Love you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alarm Clock

Now that I'm retired each morning really is a new day. In the past most days have been planned out well in advance. Get up shower, eat breakfast, go to work, repeat till the weekend. Weekend, do what I could not get to during the week. Now I got a more open schedule. I find that my mornings consist of getting up when I open my eyes. Then fixing coffee and drinking a cup. While I'm doing that I decide what I want for breakfast. Jan is not as infatuated with breakfast as I am and can get by with just a bowl of cereal. But I need something cooked and more coffee. So I start the morning with no more plan than to fix a nice breakfast and have coffee. I watch the news, read the paper, and eat breakfast. Some days I mix it up by eating out on the patio. My signal now to start my day is when I reach the bottom of my cup of coffee. As you can see I'm now at that point. Today my plan is to get out all the suitcases out and see which ones we will be taking on our upcoming trip t...

Trip Way South to the Everglades

  The first week of February Jan and I took a trip down to Everglades. Other than driving through the Everglades on Alligator Alley Jan an I have never visited the Everglades.  For this trip we rented a class "B"rv. We had been wanting to try one and this fit the bill.  This one is made by Winnebago. It is like driving a really big van. Inside there is room for two to sleep, shower and cook dinner. On top are several solar panels that keep the batteries charged. I was also surprised to find the mileage acceptable, 16 to 17 MPG.  We camped at the Everglades Flamingo which is the southernmost tip of the Florida peninsula. This is semi-primitive camping, no hot water in the showers. But other than that is is a very nice campground. the sites are very large and spread out. We never felt that the other camper were too close. At night the lighting at the campground is very subdued and we could see lots of stars. The first full day in the Everglades we had planned a boat t...

Finally Hot Springs Arkansas

 Day 6 , October 15, Hot Springs. Here we stayed at an AirBnB on Lake Hamilton. It was very nice but before we got to our new residence (If you are keeping track this is the 5th place we've stayed so far on this trip) we stopped by downtown Hot Springs for a tour.  We started at the Fordyce Bathhouse Visitor Center. This is the park headquarters and has been beautifully restored. We were able to tour the bathhouse and see how it looked in its prime.  The sculpture of the Spanish Conquistador  and the Tiffany stained glass ceiling were in the men's tub and steam room. The ladies section was not quite as well appointed.  Here is the women's dressing room . While nice and functional it was not quite up to the standards of the men's room. Down the hall from this room was the third floor sun deck where the ladies could catch some sun without any prying eyes. I'm not sure how much sun they got because the outfits displayed there were long sleeved, ankle length dresses...