Skip to main content

Joy 04/25, 26, 27, 28/22

 Okay I missed a few days but still found joy in those days. 


On Monday we were still in Tallahassee keeping an eye on Noah while his parents had some time together. I made Noah oatmeal for breakfast and must have done a good job cause yesterday I got a text from Jessica saying that Noah wanted oatmeal like Papa made. That made me smile. On monday after school I took Noah to swim practice. He loves swimming and is good at it. He swam hard for an hour and a half. I would be done for after half that time. 

Tuesday we headed back to Safety Harbor. Jan and I have started getting audiobooks from the library to listen to on these trips. It always amazes me how well Jan can listen with her eyes closed. This trip we listened to a book by Tony Hillerman called the Shape Shifter. 

On Wednesday I found this chandelier while taking Jan for a procedure on her hand. It was quite impressive for a waiting room. The light fixture was about 6 feet tall. I thought it was a little much for an outpatient surgery center.  I guess someone wanted to make a statement. 

Just before we began our journey home I found that our credit cards were locked and when I called the bank I was told that someone had tried to access our account and we would have to come by in person to the bank to meet with a representative. 
Now I know you are thinking "What joy can come from this" but bear with me. 
So checking the map the closest Suncoast Credit Union to Tallahassee was in Chiefland. It closed at 5 and I figured we would make it a little after 4. 
We got there in time and started the process of closing ALL our accounts and opening new ones. An hour and a half later we left with brand new cards and bank accounts. We tried the cards a little later at dinner in Crystal River at Cracker's Bar & Grill. WooHoo they worked and we didn't have to wash dishes.
Now for the joy that came from this adventure. Many of you may pay your bills online. You know auto-pay through your bank account. It makes life easier till it doesn't. All the way home I was thinking about how to get the auto-pay set back up. 
When I got home I realised that Jan had the answer. She is very good at saving and filing records. I suspect my record keeping would be a pile of papers on a table or stuffed in a drawer. Jan has all the paper records we have in labed file folders alphabetically in a box under our bed. Most everything I needed to recreate our bill paying was there. I had to smile at how easy it made what I was so worried about doing.
The plastic box is so we can pack it up if we have to leave because of a hurricane.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alarm Clock

Now that I'm retired each morning really is a new day. In the past most days have been planned out well in advance. Get up shower, eat breakfast, go to work, repeat till the weekend. Weekend, do what I could not get to during the week. Now I got a more open schedule. I find that my mornings consist of getting up when I open my eyes. Then fixing coffee and drinking a cup. While I'm doing that I decide what I want for breakfast. Jan is not as infatuated with breakfast as I am and can get by with just a bowl of cereal. But I need something cooked and more coffee. So I start the morning with no more plan than to fix a nice breakfast and have coffee. I watch the news, read the paper, and eat breakfast. Some days I mix it up by eating out on the patio. My signal now to start my day is when I reach the bottom of my cup of coffee. As you can see I'm now at that point. Today my plan is to get out all the suitcases out and see which ones we will be taking on our upcoming trip t...

Finally Hot Springs Arkansas

 Day 6 , October 15, Hot Springs. Here we stayed at an AirBnB on Lake Hamilton. It was very nice but before we got to our new residence (If you are keeping track this is the 5th place we've stayed so far on this trip) we stopped by downtown Hot Springs for a tour.  We started at the Fordyce Bathhouse Visitor Center. This is the park headquarters and has been beautifully restored. We were able to tour the bathhouse and see how it looked in its prime.  The sculpture of the Spanish Conquistador  and the Tiffany stained glass ceiling were in the men's tub and steam room. The ladies section was not quite as well appointed.  Here is the women's dressing room . While nice and functional it was not quite up to the standards of the men's room. Down the hall from this room was the third floor sun deck where the ladies could catch some sun without any prying eyes. I'm not sure how much sun they got because the outfits displayed there were long sleeved, ankle length dresses...

Noah

Now that I'm retired I can devote more time to being a Papa At this time I only have one grandchild, Noah . So he gets all my attention. I'm hoping that next week he will be coming for a visit. That will all depend on how things are going with the VIRUS. His mother, my daughter Jessica is a nurse and as of right now she has the week off but that may change. Jarred my son-in-law works for the state in emergency preparedness/mitigation and may or may not be called to be on duty for the VIRUS. In preparing for Noahs visit I was thinking of things to do with him. Noah is now riding a bike so I thought we might ride down to Safety Harbor where there are several places he might like. I got him a gift card for Snow Beach . I figured he would like to have the option of buying a treat himself. There is also a candy store and ice-cream shop there too. I'm sure he will want to try that also. When Noah was little he called all lizards "Joey". Not sure why but that was th...